Posted in : - Blog -, Agriculture and Food Policy, Britain's Economic Policy on by : petersen Comments: 0
- The devastation has only just begun
- The value of sterling has fallen.
- This has increased prices of foods imported from the EU.
- Effects on the welfare of poor people who spend nearly a quarter of their incomes on food have been severe.
- As a consequence, malnutrition which was already widespread is increasing further.
- Needs for services used largely by deprived people such as food banks, meals on wheels and social care are growing